ttheMOVEMENT - THE POWER OF YET

Sunday, December 28, 2014

GROWTH MINDSET, FIXED MINDSET

Growth Mindset: "I believe in you"; "There is a way"; "I just need time to figure out how to make the
connection necessary to drive the learning of those I serve"; "I haven't figured it out yet"

Fixed Mindset: "You're not good enough"; "They're not good enough"; "They will never get it".

Growth Mindset drives solutions focused curiosity to figure out how to facilitate the growth of those you serve.  Growth Mindset drives motivation in those you serve.

Fixed Mindset drives unconcern for a solution, by placing the responsibility for a solution fully on the follower, absolving the leader from any accountability in the growth process.  Drives apathy in those you serve.

Carol Dweck is brilliant at pulling back the curtain on Mindset and Motivation in her TedTalk "The power of yet".  Watch it and let me know how Dweck's presentation influences your leadership.


No comments:

Post a Comment