ttheMOVEMENT - THE POWER OF YET

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

TED

I'm super excited to attend my first TEDTalks conference TEDxToronto - Alchemy

Love the concept of Alchemy as it relates to leadership.  Alchemy is the the capability of turning base metals into the noble metals, gold or silver, as well as an elixir of life conferring youth and immortality.  In my opinion, the construct relates to leadership as leaders help people learn how their seemingly ordinary qualities are truly extroadinary and valuable.  Leaders also help seemingly ordinary people do extraordinary valuable things.

I'm a bit of a TEDTalks junkie.  Today I thought I would share with you my top 3 TEDTalks presentations.

OK. So this is really two.  Ken Robinson raises important questions about where we have placed value in education and the impact on creativity, student engagement and appreciating differences.  If you've never seen these presentations.  Take the time to check them out.  Life altering for anyone facilitating learning, leadership, or parenting.

#2 - SIMON SINEK - How Great Leaders Inspire Action
Simon Sinek cuts to the core of prioritizing the roots of actions, by first connecting with purpose.  Instead of "What are we going to do? And "How are we going to do it?"  Sinek asks leaders to start with the question "Why".  He gets us to connect with purpose.  Instead of what and how, start with why.  This is how great leaders inspire action.  This approach connects with audiences and followers at a deep mental and emotional level.  It also offers insight into your vision so that people can follow along and contribute to the master plan.

#1 - BRENE BROWN - The Power of Vulnerability
This is my favorite TEDTalks.  Brown rocked my world with her research.  Everyone I send this to has an "a-ha" moment and connects with her message.  Brown offers what is in my opinion life altering insight into the power of Vulnerability.  Her research on vulnerability and shame unravels the source of true courage, creativity, enlightenment and joy.

MOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment